The steps to get the barcodes from GS1 Thailand
1. Choose a type of barcodes that you want to assigned and the level of the membership.
- GTIN – 13 / EAN – 13 for general product which can be use globally
- GTIN – 12 / UPC – A use in U.S. ans some states in Canada. In the case of export sale, please check the type of barcode with your business partner.
2. Complete GS1 Thailand application form.
3. Attached all required document. (Required Documents)
4. Submit directly or send the registered mail to GS1 Thailand. After we checked all documents correctly, we will request the membership fee via the email. (Registration and Membership Fee)
5. Pay the membership fee and send pay-in slip to GS1 Thailand. (How to pay)
6. We will send the approval letter with unique GS1 number.
7. Member register their product information on our GS1 TH Member Portal to end a process.
GS1 Thailand Member Privileges
1. Get a certified Global Location Number (GLN) use to identify company and Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) use to identify product.
2. Receive barcode guidance handbook on size and color in electronic files.
3. Free for first year member, can attend Basic Barcode Training Course (Certificate Program) and GS1 – 128 on Supply Chain Training Course (one session per courses / maximum 2 person).
Over 1-year member, training fees will be based on the member rate.
4. Members can attend GS1’s seminar and training in member rate.
5. Free Barcode Verification based on member’s rate click here to see the rate
6. Free Membership Certificate
7. GS1 Thailand e-newsletter available here, free hardcopy newsletter (4 books / year) for rate 9999 members)
8. Get unlimited consultation on GS1 standard from our specialist.
9. Members can attend GS1 Thailand Annual Meeting
10. Members can register their product identification number in Member Portal service that link with Application “Smartbar” without any charge.
11. Record your company data in the GS1 worldwide membership database. (http://gepir.gs1.org)